Interview 2 Part 2 Mindfulness (Udana Bandara )
▶︎５月は Udana Bandara さんとのインタビュー。
▶︎And I’m Jenny Silver.
Welcome to Business English for Global Competence.
▶︎Yes, let’s learn how to communicate effectively
▶︎So let’s get started!
Words and Phrases
● underlying ▶︎内在する
– Something that is not obvious, something beneath
– Mr. Shibata asks if there was an underlying reason,
or a reason that we wouldn’t be able to see for
starting mindfulness at the company.
● employee-driven ▶︎従業員主導の
– “Employee-driven” ideas come from the employees
themselves, not higher ups. Something that is
employee-driven comes from employees with
the permission or support from areas like HR.
– So in this case, we learn that the idea from
mindfulness came from a group of employees.
● well-being ▶︎幸福度
– Your well-being is your overall health, and your level
of comfort or general happiness.
– This is often known as “wellness.” You well-being is more
broad than just health. It can include physical and mental
health, social satisfaction, personal fulfillment and more.
● interaction ▶︎相互作用
– Human computer interaction or HCI is a field of study that
focuses on computer technology, and how computers and
humans interact with one another.
– Udana’s background is in human computer interaction.
So he has worked towards designing technology that
people can use.
● smart badge ▶︎スマートバッジ
– A smart badge is kind of like an ID card, but with built-in
technology. This can track the movement of the employees,
and allow them to get into secured areas.
Upgrade Your Questioning Skills
Exercise 1 の回答例の後に
– I think “emotion sensing” technology is an interesting
field. Eventually the technology would monitor and
analyze human behavior patterns, facial expressions,
voice intonation and body language.
Interview 2 Part 2 は終了です。